2011 ORS § 264.010¹
As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Board or board of commissioners means the governing body of a district.
(2) District means a domestic water supply district formed under this chapter.
(3) County means the county in which the district, or the greater portion of the taxable assessed value of the district, is located.
(4) County board means the county court or board of county commissioners of the county.
(5) County clerk means the county clerk of the county.
(6) Owner means the holder of the record title to real property or the vendee under a land sale contract, if there is such a contract. [Amended by 1969 c.666 §1; 1983 c.83 §38]