2013 ORS § 255.005¹
As used in this chapter:
(1) County clerk means the county clerk or the county official in charge of elections.
(2) District board means the governing body of a district.
(3) District election means any election authorized or required to be held by a district.
(4) District elections authority means the county court or board of county commissioners, district board or other body or officer authorized or required to call a district election.
(5) Elections officer means the:
(a) County clerk of the county in which the administrative office of the district is located regarding a measure, or a candidate for an office, to be voted on in a district located in more than one county.
(b) County clerk regarding a measure, or a candidate for an office, to be voted on in a district situated wholly within the county.
(6) Elector means an individual qualified to vote under section 2, Article II, Oregon Constitution.
(7) Measure includes any of the following submitted to the people for their approval or rejection at an election:
(a) A proposed law.
(b) An Act or part of an Act of the Legislative Assembly.
(c) A revision of or amendment to the Oregon Constitution.
(d) Local, special or municipal legislation.
(e) A proposition or question.
(8) Regular district election means the election held each year for the purpose of electing members of any district board as defined in subsection (2) of this section.
(9) School district means a common school district, a union high school district, an education service district or a community college district. [Formerly 259.010 [bad link]; 1983 c.392 §6; 1985 c.808 §39; 1987 c.707 §20]