2015 ORS § 250.127¹
Preparation and filing of estimates and statements of financial impact of state measure
(1) Not later than the 99th day before a special election held on the date of a primary election or any general election at which any state measure is to be submitted to the people, the financial estimate committee created under ORS 250.125 (Estimate of financial impact of state measures) shall prepare and electronically file with the Secretary of State the estimates described in ORS 250.125 (Estimate of financial impact of state measures) and, if the committee considers it necessary, a statement explaining the financial effects of the measure as described in ORS 250.125 (Estimate of financial impact of state measures) (7). The financial estimate committee may begin preparation of the estimates and statement on the date that a petition is accepted for verification of signatures under ORS 250.105 (Petition filing requirements) or the date that a measure referred by the Legislative Assembly is filed with the Secretary of State, whichever is applicable.
(2) Not later than the 95th day before the election, the Secretary of State shall hold a hearing in Salem upon reasonable statewide notice to receive suggested changes to the estimates or statement or to receive other information. At the hearing any person may submit suggested changes or other information orally or in writing. Written suggestions or other information also may be submitted at any time before the hearing.
(3) The financial estimate committee shall consider suggestions and any other information submitted under subsection (2) of this section, and may file revised estimates or a revised statement with the Secretary of State not later than the 90th day before the election.
(4) Except as provided in subsection (5) of this section, the original estimates and statement and any revised estimates or statement shall be approved by a majority of the members of the financial estimate committee. If a member does not concur, the estimates or statement shall show only that the member dissents. The Secretary of State shall certify final estimates and a final statement not later than the 90th day before the election at which the measure is to be voted upon. All estimates and statements prepared under ORS 250.125 (Estimate of financial impact of state measures) and this section shall be made available to the public.
(5) If a majority of the members of the financial estimate committee do not approve the estimates or statement, the Secretary of State alone shall prepare, file and certify the estimates or statement not later than the 88th day before the election at which the measure is to be voted upon with the data upon which the estimates or statement is based.
(6) The support or opposition of any member of the financial estimate committee to the original or revised estimates or statement shall be indicated in the minutes of any meeting of the committee. Meetings of the financial estimate committee shall be open to the public. Designees of the members of the financial estimate committee may attend any meetings of the committee in the place of the members, but the designees may not vote to approve or oppose any estimates or statement.
(7) A failure to prepare, file or certify estimates or a statement under ORS 250.125 (Estimate of financial impact of state measures), this section or ORS 250.131 (Court review of procedures under which estimates and statements of financial impact of state measure were prepared) does not prevent the inclusion of the measure in the voters pamphlet or placement of the measure on the ballot.
(8) If the estimates are not delivered to the county clerk by the 61st day before the election, the county clerk may proceed with the printing of ballots. The county clerk is not required to reprint ballots to include the estimates or to provide supplemental information that includes the estimates. [1991 c.971 §3; 1993 c.493 §16; 1995 c.712 §33; 1999 c.318 §19; 2001 c.965 §8; 2005 c.633 §2; 2011 c.646 §1; 2013 c.47 §2]