2015 ORS § 249.002¹
As used in this chapter:
(1) Candidate means an individual whose name is or is expected to be printed on the official ballot.
(2) County clerk means the county clerk or the county official in charge of elections.
(3) Elector means an individual qualified to vote under section 2, Article II, Oregon Constitution.
(4) Judge means judge of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, circuit court or the Oregon Tax Court, or any county judge who exercises judicial functions.
(5) Member means an individual who is registered as being affiliated with the political party.
(6) Minor political party means a political party that has qualified as a minor political party under ORS 248.008 (Qualification as minor political party).
(7) Nonpartisan office means the office of judge, Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries, any elected office of a metropolitan service district under ORS chapter 268, justice of the peace, county clerk, county assessor, county surveyor, county treasurer, sheriff, district attorney or any office designated nonpartisan by a home rule charter.
(8) Prospective petition means the information, except signatures and other identification of petition signers, required to be contained in a completed petition.
(9) Public office means any national, state, county, city or district office or position, except a political party office, filled by the electors.
(10) State office means Governor, Secretary of State, State Treasurer, Attorney General, Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries, judge, state Senator, state Representative or district attorney. [1979 c.190 §94; 1983 c.350 §64; 1985 c.324 §1; 1987 c.707 §6; 1993 c.493 §5; 1995 c.92 §1; 1995 c.107 §1; 1995 c.607 §76; 2001 c.430 §1; 2009 c.491 §6; 2010 c.18 §2; 2011 c.731 §10]