2011 ORS § 240.321¹
- • effect of collective bargaining agreements on personnel rules
- • grievance procedures
(1) All collective bargaining between the state and its agencies and any certified or recognized exclusive employee representative of classified employees shall be under the direction and supervision of the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services.
(2) Notwithstanding any of the provisions of ORS 240.235 (Compensation plan for classified service), 240.306 (Recruitment, selection and promotion of state employees), 240.316 (Trial service), 240.430 (Merit ratings) and 240.551 (Working hours, holidays, leaves of absence and vacations of employees in state classified service), employees of state agencies who are in certified or recognized appropriate bargaining units shall have all aspects of their wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment determined by collective bargaining agreements between the state and its agencies and the exclusive employee representatives of such employees pursuant to the provisions of ORS 243.650 (Definitions for ORS 243.650 to 243.782) to 243.762 (Alternative arbitration procedure under collective bargaining agreement), except with regard to the recruitment and selection of applicants for initial appointment to state service.
(3) The provisions of rules adopted by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services, the subjects of which are incorporated into collective bargaining agreements, shall not be applicable to employees within appropriate bargaining units covered by such agreements.
(4) The department shall ensure the speedy resolution of employee grievances by adopting a grievance procedure resulting in a final employer determination within 60 days of the filing of a written grievance, with appeal thereafter to the Employment Relations Board, the Civil Rights Division of the Bureau of Labor and Industries, or other appropriate review agency. Employees in collective bargaining units shall have their grievances resolved as provided for by the collective bargaining agreement. [1979 c.468 §24; 1997 c.23 §1]