2015 ORS § 222.850¹
Definitions for ORS 222.840 to 222.915
(1) Affected territory means an area within the urban growth boundary of a city and which is otherwise eligible for annexation to that city and in which there exists an actual or alleged danger to public health.
(2) Authority means the Oregon Health Authority.
(3) City council means the legislative body of a city.
(4) Commission means the Environmental Quality Commission.
(5) Danger to public health means a condition which is conducive to the propagation of communicable or contagious disease-producing organisms and which presents a reasonably clear possibility that the public generally is being exposed to disease-caused physical suffering or illness, including a condition such as:
(a) Impure or inadequate domestic water.
(b) Inadequate installations for the disposal or treatment of sewage, garbage or other contaminated or putrefying waste.
(c) Inadequate improvements for drainage of surface water and other fluid substances.
(6) Director means the Director of the Oregon Health Authority.
(7) District means any one of the following:
(a) A metropolitan service district formed under ORS chapter 268.
(b) A county service district formed under ORS chapter 451.
(c) A sanitary district formed under ORS 450.005 (Definitions for ORS 450.005 to 450.245) to 450.245 (Application of ORS 450.005 to 450.245 to districts organized under former laws).
(d) A sanitary authority, water authority or joint water and sanitary authority formed under ORS 450.600 (Joint authorities) to 450.989 (Apportionment of cost among serviced property owners).
(e) A domestic water supply district formed under ORS chapter 264.
(8) Local board of health means a local public health authority, as defined in ORS 431.003 (Definitions). [1967 c.624 §1; 1973 c.637 §1; 1975 c.639 §1; 1983 c.407 §4; 1993 c.577 §17; 2001 c.900 §238; 2009 c.595 §181; 2015 c.736 §54]