2007 ORS § 688.709¹
- • rules
The Board of Athletic Trainers shall:
(1) Advise the Oregon Health Licensing Agency about the adoption of rules necessary for the administration of ORS 688.701 (Definitions for ORS 688.701 to 688.734) to 688.734 (Disciplinary authority of Oregon Health Licensing Agency).
(2) Determine training and education requirements for registration as described in ORS 688.720 (Requirements for registration).
(3) Determine qualifications and documentation required for registrations, permits, temporary registrations and waivers.
(4) Determine requirements for reciprocity and equivalency for the practice of athletic training.
(5) Establish a code of professional responsibility and standards of practice for registered athletic trainers.
(6) Develop, approve or recognize a written examination to test an applicant’s knowledge of the basic and clinical sciences relating to athletic training techniques and methods and any other subjects the board may determine to be necessary to assess an applicant’s fitness to practice athletic training.
(7) Establish standards for acceptable performance, including but not limited to a passing score on the approved or recognized competency examination.
(8) Establish continuing education requirements for renewal of registration.
(9) Establish policies and criteria for the assessment of the quality of the practice of athletic trainers.
(10) Adopt rules that include provisions describing procedures, when appropriate, for collaboration between athletic trainers and physicians licensed pursuant to ORS chapter 677. [1999 c.736 §4; 2005 c.648 §17]