2007 ORS § 458.405¹
The Legislative Assembly finds that:
(1) Safe, affordable and readily available housing options for low-income individuals and families do not match the increasing need for such housing in this state.
(2) Much state-owned property is unused and could be made available to increase housing options for low-income individuals and families.
(3) Unused property kept for long periods of time generally decreases in value.
(4) A method to dispose of or transfer such property and have it utilized for a public purpose is in the interests of the people of this state.
(5) It will further the public interest to put unused state-owned real property at the disposal of nonprofit housing providers and housing authorities to address the housing needs of low-income individuals and families in this state. [1989 c.440 §1]