2007 ORS § 455.010¹
Definitions for ORS chapter 455
As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1)(a) "Advisory board" means the board with responsibility for assisting in the adoption, amendment or administration of a specialty code, specifically:
(A) The Building Codes Structures Board established under ORS 455.132 (Building Codes Structures Board);
(B) The Electrical and Elevator Board established under ORS 455.138 (Electrical and Elevator Board);
(C) The State Plumbing Board established under ORS 693.115 (State Plumbing Board);
(D) The Manufactured Structures and Parks Advisory Board established under ORS 446.280 (Manufactured Structures and Parks Advisory Board);
(E) The Board of Boiler Rules established under ORS 480.535 (Board of Boiler Rules);
(F) The Residential Structures Board established under ORS 455.135 (Residential Structures Board); or
(G) The Mechanical Board established under ORS 455.140 (Mechanical Board).
(b) "Appropriate advisory board" means the advisory board that has jurisdiction over a particular code, standard, license, certification or matter.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(3) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(4) "Low-Rise Residential Dwelling Code" means the adopted specialty code prescribing standards for the construction of residential dwellings that are three stories or less above grade and have an exterior door for each dwelling unit, but are not facilities or homes described in ORS 443.400 (Definitions for ORS 443.400 to 443.455) or transient lodging.
(5) "Municipality" means a city, county or other unit of local government otherwise authorized by law to administer a building code.
(6) "Prefabricated structure" means a building or subassembly that has been in whole or substantial part manufactured or assembled using closed construction at an off-site location to be wholly or partially assembled on-site. "Prefabricated structure" does not include a manufactured dwelling, recreational structure or recreational vehicle, as those terms are defined in ORS 446.003 (Definitions for ORS 446.003 to 446.200 and 446.225 to 446.285 and ORS chapters 195, 196, 197, 215 and 227).
(7) "Specialty code" means a code of regulations adopted under ORS 446.062 (Rules regulating parks), 446.185 (Minimum safety standards for equipment, material and installations), 447.020 (Plumbing to conform to state building code) (2), 455.020 (Purpose) (2), 455.610 (Low-Rise Residential Dwelling Code), 455.680 (Plan approval and permits for recreation or picnic park or camp), 460.085 (Rules), 460.360 (Rules), 479.730 (Adoption of rules by Director of Department of Consumer and Business Services) (1) or 480.545 (Rules); but does not include regulations adopted by the State Fire Marshal pursuant to ORS chapter 476 or ORS 479.015 (Smoking in public elevator prohibited) to 479.200 (Water supply requirement for certain public buildings) and 479.210 ("Institution" defined for ORS 479.215 to 479.220) to 479.220 (Institution inspection by State Fire Marshal).
(8) "State building code" means the combined specialty codes.
(9) "Structural code" means the specialty code prescribing structural standards for building construction.
(10) "Unsafe condition" means a condition caused by earthquake which is determined by the department or any representative of the department to be dangerous to life and property. "Unsafe condition" includes but is not limited to:
(a) Any portion, member or appurtenance of a building that has become detached or dislodged or appears likely to fail or collapse and thereby injure persons or damage property; or
(b) Any portion, of a building or structure that has been damaged by earthquake, or by fire or explosion resulting from an earthquake, to the extent that the structural strength or stability of the building is substantially less than it was prior to the earthquake. [Formerly 456.750; 1991 c.227 §1; 1991 c.310 §1; 1993 c.18 §112; 1993 c.744 §85; 1997 c.259 §3; 1999 c.484 §1; 1999 c.1045 §12; 2003 c.655 §75; 2003 c.675 §§10,11]