2007 ORS § 289.200¹
Issuance of revenue bonds
- • role of State Treasurer
- • role of Oregon Facilities Authority
- • fees
(1) If the State Treasurer determines that revenue bonds should be issued:
(a) The State Treasurer may authorize and issue in the name of the State of Oregon revenue bonds secured by revenues from eligible projects to finance or refinance in whole or part the cost of acquisition, purchase, construction, reconstruction, installations improvement, betterment or extension of projects. The bonds shall be identified by project and issued in the manner prescribed by ORS chapter 286A.
(b) The State Treasurer shall designate the trustee, financial advisor and bond counsel, if any, and enter into appropriate agreements with each to carry out the provisions of this chapter. An agreement with bond counsel designated by the State Treasurer under this section is subject to the provisions related to services provided by bond counsel under ORS 286A.130 (Bond counsel services). The powers conferred on a related agency under ORS chapter 286A do not apply to the Oregon Facilities Authority with respect to the designation of trustee, financial advisor and bond counsel.
(2) Any trustee designated by the State Treasurer to carry out all or part of the powers specified in ORS 289.110 (Duties and powers with respect to projects) must agree to furnish financial statements and audit reports for each bond issue.
(3) The State Treasurer shall be the applicable elected representative for purposes of approving the issuance of revenue bonds under this chapter as to the extent such approval is required under section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(4) The State Treasurer shall collect data from the authority regarding the amount and nature of bonded indebtedness in Oregon health care institutions financed through the authority. [1989 c.820 §9; 1991 c.408 §6; 1995 c.727 §14; 2001 c.536 §8; 2007 c.783 §114]