2007 ORS § 276.905¹
Definitions for ORS 276.900 to 276.915
(1) "Alternative energy system" means solar, wind, geothermal, heat recovery or other systems which use a renewable resource and are environmentally sound.
(2) "Authorized state agency" means any state agency, board, commission, department or division that is authorized to finance the construction, purchase or renovation of buildings or other structures to be used by the State of Oregon.
(3) "Cost-effective" means that an energy resource, facility or conservation measure during its life cycle results in delivered power costs to the ultimate consumer no greater than the comparable incremental cost of the least cost alternative new energy resource, facility or conservation measure. Cost comparison shall include, but need not be limited to:
(a) Cost escalations and future availability of fuels;
(b) Waste disposal and decommissioning costs;
(c) Transmission and distribution costs;
(d) Geographic, climatic and other differences in the state; and
(e) Environmental impact.
(4) "Energy conservation measure" means a measure primarily designed to reduce the use of nonrenewable energy resources in a state-owned facility.
(5) "Energy consumption analysis" means the evaluation of all energy systems and components by demand and type of energy including the internal energy load imposed on a major facility by its occupants, equipment and components and the external energy load imposed on a major facility by the climatic conditions of its location. "Energy consumption analysis" includes, but is not limited to:
(a) The comparison of a range of alternatives that is likely to include all reasonable, cost-effective energy conservation measures and alternative energy systems;
(b) The simulation of each system over the entire range of operation of a major facility for a year’s operating period;
(c) The evaluation of energy consumption of component equipment in each system considering the operation of such components at other than full or rated outputs; and
(d) The consideration of alternative energy systems.
(6) "Energy systems" means all utilities, including but not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilating, lighting and the supply of domestic hot water.
(7) "Major facility" means any state-owned building having 10,000 square feet or more of usable floor space.
(8) "Renovation" means any addition to, alteration of or repair of a facility which will involve addition to or alteration of the facility’s energy systems, provided that the affected energy systems account for 50 percent or more of the facility’s total energy use. [1979 c.734 §2; 1987 c.320 §155; 1989 c.556 §2; 2001 c.683 §2]
Note: See note under 276.900 (Policy).