2007 ORS § 19.005¹
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Exhibits" means exhibits offered and received or rejected in the trial court.
(2) "Judgment" means a judgment or appealable order, as provided in ORS 19.205 (Appealable judgments and orders).
(3) "Notice of appeal" includes a notice of cross-appeal.
(4) "Record" or "record of the case" means the trial court file and any transcript, narrative statement and exhibits.
(5) "Supersedeas undertaking" means an undertaking on appeal that secures performance of a judgment being appealed and operates to stay enforcement of the judgment pending appeal.
(6) "Transcript" means the transcript of the court reporter’s report as provided in ORS 8.340 (Reporter's duties), 8.350 (Transcript of testimony) and 8.360 (Certified report as prima facie correct) and any transcript of an audio record prepared under ORS 19.370 (Certification of transcript).
(7) "Trial court file" means all the original papers filed in the trial court whether before or after judgment, including but not limited to the summons and proof of service thereof, pleadings, motions, affidavits, depositions, stipulations, orders, jury instructions, the judgment, the notice of appeal and the undertaking on appeal.
(8) "Undertaking for costs" means an undertaking on appeal that secures payment of costs and disbursements that may be awarded against an appellant on appeal, and any amounts that may be awarded to the respondent under the provisions of ORS 19.445 (Damages upon affirmance of judgment).
(9) "Undertaking on appeal" means a promise secured by sureties or by money, bond or any other security described in ORS 22.020 (Deposit of money, letter of credit, checks or federal or municipal obligations, in lieu of security or bond). "Undertaking on appeal" includes undertakings for costs and supersedeas undertakings. [1959 c.558 §2; 1985 c.734 §2; 1997 c.71 §12; 1997 c.389 §23; 1997 c.801 §124; 1999 c.59 §9; 1999 c.367 §5; 2003 c.576 §280]