2007 ORS § 137.300¹
Criminal Fine and Assessment Account
- • rules
(1) The Criminal Fine and Assessment Account is established in the General Fund of the State Treasury. All moneys in the account are continuously appropriated to the Department of Revenue to be distributed by the Department of Revenue according to allocations made by the Legislative Assembly. The Department of Revenue shall keep a record of moneys transferred into and out of the account. The Department of Revenue shall report monthly to the Attorney General the amount of moneys received from the state courts in each county and from each city court.
(2) The Legislative Assembly shall allocate moneys in the account according to the following priority:
(a) Public safety standards, training and facilities;
(b) Criminal injuries compensation and assistance to victims of crime and children reasonably suspected of being victims of crime;
(c) Forensic services of the Oregon State Police including, but not limited to, services of the State Medical Examiner; and
(d) Maintenance and operation of the Law Enforcement Data System.
(3) Moneys in the account may not be allocated for:
(a) The payment of debt service obligations; or
(b) Any purpose other than those listed in subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The Department of Revenue shall deposit in the General Fund all moneys remaining in the account after the distributions required by subsections (1) and (2) of this section have been made.
(5) The Department of Revenue shall establish by rule a process for distributing moneys in the account.
(6) The Department of Justice shall report monthly to the Department of Revenue the amount of moneys ordered to be applied to child support under ORS 135.280 (Arrest warrant). [1987 c.905 §6; 2001 c.829 §§1,1a; 2005 c.700 §2]
Note: See second note under 137.290 (Unitary assessment).