2015 ORS § 190.485¹
Authority of state agency to exercise authority jointly with nation or national agency of other than United States
- • contents of agreements
(1) Any power or powers, privileges or authority exercised or capable of exercise by a state agency in this state may be exercised and enjoyed jointly with a nation or a public agency in any nation other than the United States, to the extent that the laws of the United States and of the other nation do not prohibit such joint exercise or enjoyment.
(2) A state agency may enter into an agreement with another nation or public agency of another nation for joint and cooperative action.
(3) An agreement described in subsection (2) of this section must specify its duration, the organization, composition and nature of any separate legal or administrative entity created to exercise the functions agreed upon, the purpose of the agreement, the method of financing the joint or cooperative undertaking, the methods to be employed to terminate the agreement and other necessary and proper matters.
(4) No agreement described in subsection (2) of this section shall relieve any state agency of any obligation or responsibility imposed upon it by the laws of this state or of the United States.
(5) Notwithstanding subsection (4) of this section, a state agency may exclude from an agreement under subsection (2) of this section any clause or condition required by ORS 279B.220 (Conditions concerning payment, contributions, liens, withholding), 279B.225 (Condition concerning salvaging, recycling, composting or mulching yard waste material), 279B.230 (Condition concerning payment for medical care and providing workers compensation), 279B.235 (Condition concerning hours of labor), 279B.270 (State contracting agencies to use recovered resources and recycled materials) or 279C.500 (Person defined) to 279C.530 (Condition concerning payment for medical care and providing workers compensation). [1991 c.137 §2; 1999 c.948 §5; 2003 c.794 §211]
Note: See note under 190.480 (Definition for ORS 190.480 to 190.490).