2011 ORS § 184.733¹
Department of Transportation Public Transportation Development Fund
- • use of fund
- • sources
(1) There is hereby established an account in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund, to be known as the Department of Transportation Public Transportation Development Fund, which account is appropriated continuously for, and shall be used for, the purposes of ORS 184.730 (Authority for public transportation development program), developing and improving public transportation systems, acquiring transportation equipment and constructing facilities or participating with public transportation entities in the acquisition or construction of equipment or facilities. All interest, if any, shall inure to the benefit of the fund. In order to facilitate financing of the costs of transportation demand management projects, air quality improvement projects, demonstration projects, planning and research projects, acquisition or construction, the Department of Transportation may at any time, with Oregon Transportation Commission approval, draw on funds in this account for authorized purposes. The Director of Transportation may enter into written agreements with public transportation entities that commit the department to pay anticipated funds from the Department of Transportation Public Transportation Development Fund to public transportation entities for the purpose of financing the costs of acquisition and construction of transportation equipment and facilities, including servicing any obligations entered into by a public transportation entity to finance transportation equipment and facilities, which written agreements may provide for the remittance of such funds on such periodic basis, in such amounts, over such period of years and with such priority over other commitments of such funds as the director shall specify in the agreements. Any such written agreement or commitment when executed by the director and accepted by a public transportation entity shall be solely conditioned upon actual funds available in the Department of Transportation Public Transportation Development Fund and shall be valid, binding and irrevocable in accordance with its terms.
(2) The department may utilize moneys in the fund to purchase or lease new or rebuilt buses and other public transportation equipment, to purchase real estate or to purchase, lease or construct facilities for future sale to public transportation entities either for cash or by installment contract, but no installment contract shall be for more than five years and the balance shall bear interest at a rate indicated by the monthly earnings of the Oregon Short Term Investment Fund.
(3) The department may take title to and delivery of buses, other public transportation equipment or facilities acquired or built pursuant to this program for eventual transfer to public transportation entities.
(4) The department may from the amount appropriated to the Department of Transportation Public Transportation Development Fund deduct its costs of developing projects and administering the program authorized by this section and ORS 184.730 (Authority for public transportation development program).
(5) All moneys received by the department from the sale of buses, other public transportation equipment, real estate or facilities shall be placed in the Department of Transportation Public Transportation Development Fund and subject to budgetary limitations, may be used for the acquisition of additional transportation equipment or facilities. [1981 c.224 §§5,6,7; 1989 c.867 §3; 1991 c.752 §14g; 1995 c.79 §66]