2013 ORS § 183.360¹
Publication of rules and orders
- • exceptions
- • requirements
- • bulletin
- • judicial notice
- • citation
(1) The Secretary of State shall compile, index and publish all rules adopted by each agency. The compilation shall be supplemented or revised as often as necessary and at least once every six months. Such compilation supersedes any other rules. The Secretary of State may make such compilations of other material published in the bulletin as are desirable. The Secretary of State may copyright the compilations prepared under this subsection, and may establish policies for the revision, clarification, classification, arrangement, indexing, printing, binding, publication, sale and distribution of the compilations.
(2)(a) The Secretary of State has discretion to omit from the compilation rules the publication of which would be unduly cumbersome or expensive if the rule in printed or processed form is made available on application to the adopting agency, and if the compilation contains a notice summarizing the omitted rule and stating how a copy thereof may be obtained. In preparing the compilation the Secretary of State shall not alter the sense, meaning, effect or substance of any rule, but may renumber sections and parts of sections of the rules, change the wording of headnotes, rearrange sections, change reference numbers to agree with renumbered chapters, sections or other parts, substitute the proper subsection, section or chapter or other division numbers, change capitalization for the purpose of uniformity, and correct manifest clerical or typographical errors.
(b) The Secretary of State may by rule prescribe requirements, not inconsistent with law, for the manner and form for filing of rules adopted or amended by agencies. The Secretary of State may refuse to accept for filing any rules which do not comply with those requirements.
(3) The Secretary of State shall publish at least at monthly intervals a bulletin which:
(a) Briefly indicates the agencies that are proposing to adopt, amend or repeal a rule, the subject matter of the rule and the name, address and telephone number of an agency officer or employee from whom information and a copy of any proposed rule may be obtained;
(b) Contains the text or a brief description of all rules filed under ORS 183.355 (Filing and taking effect of rules) since the last bulletin indicating the effective date of the rule;
(c) Contains executive orders of the Governor; and
(d) Contains orders issued by the Director of the Department of Revenue under ORS 305.157 (Extending statutory periods of limitation) extending tax statutes of limitation.
(4) Courts shall take judicial notice of rules and executive orders filed with the Secretary of State.
(5) The compilation required by subsection (1) of this section shall be titled Oregon Administrative Rules and may be cited as OAR with appropriate numerical indications.
(6) The Secretary of State may publish the compilation and bulletin required by this section in print, or by placing the compilation and bulletin on the Internet. [1957 c.717 §4 (1),(2),(3); 1961 c.464 §1; 1971 c.734 §7; 1973 c.612 §4; 1975 c.759 §7a; 1977 c.394 §2; 1979 c.593 §16; 1993 c.729 §13; 1995 c.79 §62; 2001 c.104 §63; 2003 c.168 §3; 2009 c.289 §2]