2011 ORS § 18.972¹
Response to redemption notice
(1) A certificate holder shall respond to a redemption notice if:
(a) The notice requests an accounting under ORS 18.980 (Accounting); or
(b) The certificate holder objects to the redemption amount specified in the notice.
(2) A response to a redemption notice must be served by personal service or by first class mail. If the response is served by first class mail, service is effective on mailing. A copy of the response may be filed with the sheriff before the response is given to the claimant, but must be filed with the sheriff before the payment date specified in the notice. The response must be served on the claimant before the payment date specified in the notice.
(3) If the redemption notice requests an accounting, the accounting must be attached to the response given under this section.
(4) If the certificate holder objects to the redemption amount specified in the notice because the certificate holder claims additional amounts are owing under ORS 18.966 (Redemption amount payable to purchaser) or 18.967 (Redemption amount payable to redemptioner), the response must include all information specified in ORS 18.980 (Accounting) (1)(a) to (d).
(5) A response filed under this section must include a statement of the amount claimed as the proper redemption amount after deductions or additions by reason of any accounting provided with the response or by reason of additional amounts claimed under subsection (4) of this section. [2005 c.542 §44c]