2013 ORS § 166.292¹
Procedure for issuing
- • form of license
- • duration
(1) If the application for the license is approved, the sheriff shall issue and mail or otherwise deliver to the applicant at the address shown on the application, within 45 days of the application, a wallet sized license bearing the photograph of the licensee. The license must be signed by the licensee and carried whenever the licensee carries a concealed handgun.
(2) Failure of a person who carries a concealed handgun also to carry a concealed handgun license is prima facie evidence that the person does not have such a license.
(3) Licenses for concealed handguns shall be uniform throughout the state in substantially the following form:
County________ License Number_____
Expires________ Date of birth______
Licensees City_____ Zip___ Photograph
Date of issue_______________
(4) An Oregon concealed handgun license issued under ORS 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) and this section, unless revoked under ORS 166.293 (Denial or revocation of license), is valid for a period of four years from the date on which it is issued.
(6) When a sheriff issues a concealed handgun license under this section, the sheriff shall provide the licensee with a list of those places where carrying concealed handguns is prohibited or restricted by state or federal law. [1989 c.839 §9 (166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) to 166.293 (Denial or revocation of license) enacted in lieu of 166.290); 1993 c.625 §5; 1993 c.693 §2; 1993 c.735 §5]