2013 ORS § 166.210¹
As used in ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms) to 166.270 (Possession of weapons by certain felons), 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) to 166.295 (Renewal of license) and 166.410 (Manufacture, importation or sale of firearms) to 166.470 (Limitations and conditions for sales of firearms):
(1) Antique firearm means:
(a) Any firearm, including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system, manufactured in or before 1898; and
(b) Any replica of any firearm described in paragraph (a) of this subsection if the replica:
(A) Is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition; or
(B) Uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and that is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.
(2) Corrections officer has the meaning given that term in ORS 181.610 (Definitions for ORS 181.610 to 181.712).
(3) Firearm means a weapon, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of powder.
(4) Firearms silencer means any device for silencing, muffling or diminishing the report of a firearm.
(5) Handgun means any pistol or revolver using a fixed cartridge containing a propellant charge, primer and projectile, and designed to be aimed or fired otherwise than from the shoulder.
(6) Machine gun means a weapon of any description by whatever name known, loaded or unloaded, which is designed or modified to allow two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device.
(7) Minor means a person under 18 years of age.
(8) Offense has the meaning given that term in ORS 161.505 (Offense described).
(9) Parole and probation officer has the meaning given that term in ORS 181.610 (Definitions for ORS 181.610 to 181.712).
(10) Peace officer has the meaning given that term in ORS 133.005 (Definitions for ORS 133.005 to 133.400 and 133.410 to 133.450).
(11) Short-barreled rifle means a rifle having one or more barrels less than 16 inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches.
(12) Short-barreled shotgun means a shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches. [Amended by 1977 c.769 §1; 1979 c.779 §3; 1989 c.839 §1; 1993 c.735 §14; 1995 c.670 §3; 1999 c.1040 §2; 2001 c.666 §§32,44; 2003 c.614 §7; 2007 c.368 §1; 2009 c.610 §4]