2011 ORS § 163.431¹
Definitions for ORS 163.431 to 163.434
(1) Child means a person who the defendant reasonably believes to be under 16 years of age.
(2) Online communication means communication that occurs via telephone text messaging, electronic mail, personal or instant messaging, chat rooms, bulletin boards or any other transmission of information by wire, radio, optical cable, cellular system, electromagnetic system or other similar means.
(3) Sexual contact has the meaning given that term in ORS 163.305 (Definitions).
(4) Sexually explicit conduct has the meaning given that term in ORS 163.665 (Definitions).
(5) Solicit means to invite, request, seduce, lure, entice, persuade, prevail upon, coax, coerce or attempt to do so. [2007 c.876 §1; 2009 c.517 §1]
Note: 163.431 (Definitions for ORS 163.431 to 163.434) to 163.434 (Provisions applicable to online sexual corruption of a child) were added to and made a part of ORS chapter 163 by legislative action but were not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.