2011 ORS § 144.005¹
State Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision
- • membership
- • compensation
(1) A State Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision of at least three but no more than five members hereby is created. At least one member must be a woman.
(2) Members of the board shall be appointed by the Governor and serve for a term of four years. If the number of members falls below three for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term. The Governor at any time may remove any member for inefficiency, neglect of duty or malfeasance in office.
(3) Each member shall devote the members entire time to the performance of the duties imposed on the board and shall not engage in any partisan political activity.
(4) The members shall receive a salary set by the Governor. In addition, all members may receive actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties within limits as provided by law or under ORS 292.220 (Department to regulate subsistence and mileage allowances for travel) and 292.230 (Policy on out-of-state travel).
(5) The Director of the Department of Corrections shall serve as an ex officio nonvoting member of the board. [1969 c.597 §102; 1973 c.836 §281; 1975 c.217 §1; 1987 c.320 §47; 1989 c.790 §22; 1991 c.126 §1]