2013 ORS § 125.842¹
Registration of guardianship orders
  • fee

If a guardian has been appointed in another state and a petition for the appointment of a guardian is not pending in this state, the guardian appointed in the other state, after giving notice to the appointing court of an intent to register, may register the guardianship order in this state by filing as a foreign judgment in a court, in any appropriate county of this state, certified copies of the order and letters of office. The person registering the order, and any other person making an appearance in the proceeding, must pay the filing fee established under ORS 21.145 (Simple proceeding filing fee). [2009 c.179 §18; 2011 c.595 §36]

Note: Section 38, chapter 595, Oregon Laws 2011, provides:

Sec. 38. The amendments to ORS 24.115 (Filing of foreign judgment), 24.135 (Grounds for staying enforcement of judgment), 109.787 (Registration of child custody determination), 110.426 (Procedure to register child support order of another state for modification), 125.842 (Registration of guardianship orders) and 125.845 (Registration of conservatorship orders) by sections 32 to 37 of this 2011 Act apply only to proceedings commenced on or after October 1, 2011. [2011 c.595 §38]

Note: See note under 125.800 (Short title).