2015 ORS § 109.342¹
Medical history of child and biological parents required
- • content
- • form
(1) Before any judgment of adoption of a minor is entered, the court shall be provided a medical history of the child and of the biological parents as complete as possible under the circumstances.
(2) When possible, the medical history shall include, but need not be limited to:
(a) A medical history of the adoptee from birth up to the time of adoption, including disease, disability, congenital or birth defects, and records of medical examinations of the child, if any;
(b) Physical characteristics of the biological parents, including age at the time of the adoptees birth, height, weight, and color of eyes, hair and skin;
(c) A gynecologic and obstetric history of the biological mother;
(d) A record of potentially inheritable genetic or physical traits or tendencies of the biological parents or their families; and
(e) Any other useful or unusual biological information that the biological parents are willing to provide.
(3) The names of the biological parents shall not be included in the medical history.
(4) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply when a person is adopted by a stepparent.
(5) The Department of Human Services shall prescribe a form for the compilation of the medical history. [1979 c.493 §2; 2003 c.576 §150; 2015 c.511 §11]
Note: See note under 109.315 (Petition for adoption).