2011 ORS § 107.085¹
- • title
- • content
(1) A suit for marital annulment, dissolution or separation shall be entitled: IN THE MATTER OF THE MARRIAGE OF (names of parties): PETITION FOR (ultimate relief sought). The moving party shall be designated as the Petitioner and the other party the Respondent. Nothing in this section shall preclude both parties from acting as Copetitioners.
(2) The petitioner shall state the following in the petition:
(a) The names and dates of birth of all of the children born or adopted during the marriage, and a reference to and expected date of birth of any children conceived during the marriage but not yet born;
(b) The names and dates of birth of all children born to the parties prior to the marriage;
(c) To the extent known:
(A) Whether there is pending in this state or any other jurisdiction a domestic relations suit, as defined in ORS 107.510 (Definitions for ORS 107.510 to 107.610);
(B) Whether there is pending in this state or any other jurisdiction any type of support proceeding involving dependents of the same marriage, including one brought under this section or ORS 108.110 (Petition for support of spouse and children), 109.100 (Petition for support), 125.025 (Authority of the court in protective proceedings), 416.400 (Definitions for ORS 416.400 to 416.465) to 416.465 (Relief from compliance with order), 419B.400 (Authority to order support) or 419C.590 (Authority of court to order support) or ORS chapter 110; and
(C) Whether there exists in this state or any other jurisdiction a support order, as defined in ORS 110.303 (Definitions), involving dependents of the same marriage; and
(d) That the petitioner acknowledges that by filing the petition the petitioner is bound by the terms of the restraining order issued under ORS 107.093 (Restraining order).
(3) The petitioner shall include with the petition a certificate regarding any pending support proceeding and any existing support order. The petitioner shall use a certificate that is in a form established by court rule and include information required by court rule and subsection (2)(c)(B) and (C) of this section.
(4) At or prior to the hearing of a suit for marital annulment, dissolution or separation, the moving party or the party attending the hearing shall file with the court a written statement setting forth the full names and any former names of the parties, the residence, mailing or contact addresses of the parties, the ages of both parties, the date and place of the marriage of the parties, and the names and ages of the children born to or adopted by the parties. This information shall be incorporated in and made a part of the judgment.
(5) If real property is involved, the petitioner may have a notice of pendency of the action recorded at the time the petition is filed, as provided in ORS 93.740 (Notice of lis pendens).
(6) The Social Security numbers of the parties and of the children born or adopted during the marriage and children born to the parties prior to the marriage shall be provided as established in ORS 107.840 (Confidentiality of Social Security numbers). [1971 c.280 §2; 1973 c.502 §6; 1979 c.144 §1; 1979 c.421 §14; 1983 c.728 §1; 1987 c.586 §25; 1993 c.448 §4; 2003 c.116 §3; 2003 c.380 §3; 2003 c.414 §4; 2003 c.576 §106]