2015 ORS § 100.005¹
As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Assessment means any charge imposed or levied by the association of unit owners on or against a unit owner or unit pursuant to provisions of the declaration or the bylaws of the condominium or provisions of ORS 100.005 (Definitions) to 100.910 (Use of fees).
(2) Association of unit owners means the association provided for under ORS 100.405 (Association of unit owners).
(3) Association property means any real property or interest in real property acquired, held or possessed by the association under ORS 100.405 (Association of unit owners).
(4) Blanket encumbrance means a trust deed or mortgage or any other lien or encumbrance, mechanics lien or otherwise, securing or evidencing the payment of money and affecting more than one unit in a condominium, or an agreement affecting more than one such unit by which the developer holds such condominium under an option, contract to sell or trust agreement.
(5) Building means a multiple-unit building or single-unit buildings, or any combination thereof, comprising a part of the property. Building also includes a floating structure described in ORS 100.020 (Condominium provisions) (3)(b)(D).
(6) Commissioner means the Real Estate Commissioner.
(7) Common elements means the general common elements and the limited common elements.
(8) Common expenses means:
(a) Expenses of administration, maintenance, repair or replacement of the common elements;
(b) Expenses agreed upon as common by all the unit owners; and
(9) Condominium means:
(a) With respect to property located within this state:
(A) The land, if any, whether fee simple, leasehold, easement or other interest or combination thereof, and whether contiguous or noncontiguous;
(B) Any buildings, improvements and structures on the property; and
(b) With respect to property located outside this state, the property that has been committed to the condominium form of ownership in accordance with the jurisdiction within which the property is located.
(10) Conversion condominium means a condominium in which there is a building, improvement or structure that was occupied prior to any negotiation and that is:
(a) Residential in nature, at least in part; and
(b) Not wholly commercial or industrial, or commercial and industrial, in nature.
(11) Declarant means a person who records a declaration under ORS 100.100 (Property submitted to unit ownership by declaration) or a supplemental declaration under ORS 100.110 (Approval of declaration, supplemental declaration or amendment required).
(12) Declaration means the instrument described in ORS 100.100 (Property submitted to unit ownership by declaration) by which the condominium is created and as modified by any amendment recorded in accordance with ORS 100.135 (Amendments to declaration) or supplemental declaration recorded in accordance with ORS 100.120 (Supplemental declaration and plat required to annex additional property or reclassify variable property).
(13) Developer means a declarant or any person who purchases an interest in a condominium from declarant, successor declarant or subsequent developer for the primary purpose of resale.
(14) Electric vehicle charging station or charging station means a facility designed to deliver electrical current for the purpose of charging one or more electric motor vehicles.
(15) Flexible condominium means a condominium containing property that may be reclassified or withdrawn from the condominium pursuant to ORS 100.150 (Declarants options until termination date) (1).
(16) General common elements, unless otherwise provided in a declaration, means all portions of the condominium that are not part of a unit or a limited common element, including but not limited to the following:
(a) The land, whether fee simple, leasehold, easement, other interest or combination thereof, together with any rights and appurtenances;
(b) The foundations, columns, girders, beams, supports, bearing and shear walls, windows, except glazing and screening, unit access doors, except glazing and screening, roofs, halls, corridors, lobbies, stairs, fire escapes, entrances and exits of a building;
(c) The basements, yards, gardens, parking areas and outside storage spaces;
(d) Installations of central services such as power, light, gas, hot and cold water, heating, refrigeration, air conditioning, waste disposal and incinerating;
(e) The elevators, tanks, pumps, motors, fans, compressors, ducts and in general all apparatus and installations existing for common use;
(f) The premises for the lodging of janitors or caretakers of the property; and
(g) All other elements of a building and the condominium necessary or convenient to their existence, maintenance and safety, or normally in common use.
(17) Leasehold means the interest of a person, firm or corporation who is the lessee under a lease from the owner in fee and who files a declaration creating a condominium under ORS 100.100 (Property submitted to unit ownership by declaration).
(18) Limited common elements means those common elements designated in the declaration, as reserved for the use of a certain unit or number of units, to the exclusion of the other units.
(19) Majority or majority of unit owners means more than 50 percent of the voting rights allocated to the units by the declaration.
(20) Mortgagee means any person who is:
(a) A mortgagee under a mortgage;
(b) A beneficiary under a trust deed; or
(c) The vendor under a land sale contract.
(21) Negotiation means any activity preliminary to the execution by either developer or purchaser of a unit sales agreement, including but not limited to advertising, solicitation and promotion of the sale of a unit.
(22) Nonwithdrawable property means property which pursuant to ORS 100.150 (Declarants options until termination date) (1)(b):
(a) Is designated nonwithdrawable in the declaration and on the plat; and
(b) Which may not be withdrawn from the condominium without the consent of all of the unit owners.
(23) Percent of owners or percentage of owners means the percent of the voting rights determined under ORS 100.525 (Voting or consenting).
(24) Purchaser means an actual or prospective purchaser of a condominium unit pursuant to a sale.
(25) Recording officer means the county officer charged with the duty of filing and recording deeds and mortgages or any other instruments or documents affecting the title to real property.
(26) Reservation agreement means an agreement relating to the future sale of a unit which is not binding on the purchaser and which grants purchaser the right to cancel the agreement without penalty and obtain a refund of any funds deposited at any time until purchaser executes a unit sales agreement.
(27) Sale includes every disposition or transfer of a condominium unit, or an interest or estate therein, by a developer, including the offering of the property as a prize or gift when a monetary charge or consideration for whatever purpose is required by the developer. Interest or estate includes a lessees interest in a unit for more than three years or less than three years if the interest may be renewed under the terms of the lease for a total period of more than three years. Interest or estate does not include any interest held for security purposes or a timeshare regulated or otherwise exempt under ORS 94.803 (Definitions for ORS 94.803 and 94.807 to 94.945) and 94.807 (Application) to 94.945 (Advertising regulation).
(28) Special declarant right means any right, in addition to the regular rights of the declarant as a unit owner, reserved for the benefit of or created by the declarant under the declaration, bylaws or the provisions of this chapter.
(29) Staged condominium means a condominium which provides for annexation of additional property pursuant to ORS 100.115 (Recording declaration and plat) and 100.120 (Supplemental declaration and plat required to annex additional property or reclassify variable property).
(30) Successor declarant means the transferee of any special declarant right.
(31) Termination date means that date described in ORS 100.105 (Contents of declaration) (2)(b) or (7)(d).
(32) Transitional committee means the committee provided for under ORS 100.205 (Transitional committee).
(33) Turnover meeting means the meeting provided for under ORS 100.210 (Turnover meeting).
(34) Unit or condominium unit means a part of the property which:
(a) Is described in ORS 100.020 (Condominium provisions) (3);
(b) Is intended for any type of independent ownership; and
(c) The boundaries of which are described pursuant to ORS 100.105 (Contents of declaration) (1)(d).
(35) Unit designation means the number, letter or combination thereof designating a unit in the declaration and on the plat.
(36) Unit owner means, except to the extent the declaration or bylaws provide otherwise, the person owning fee simple interest in a unit, the holder of a vendees interest in a unit under a recorded installment contract of sale and, in the case of a leasehold condominium, the holder of the leasehold estate in a unit.
(37) Unit sales agreement means a written offer or agreement for the sale of a condominium unit which when fully executed will be binding on all parties. Unit sales agreement includes but is not limited to an earnest money receipt and agreement to purchase and other such agreements which serve as an agreement of sale for a cash transaction or which are preliminary to the execution of an installment contract of sale, but does not include a reservation agreement.
(38) Variable property means property described in ORS 100.150 (Declarants options until termination date) (2) and designated as variable property in the declaration and on the plat.
(39) Voting rights means the portion of the votes allocated to a unit by the declaration in accordance with ORS 100.105 (Contents of declaration) (1)(j). [Formerly 94.004; 1997 c.816 §1; 1999 c.677 §38; 2001 c.756 §24; 2007 c.410 §5; 2013 c.438 §5]